This low-carb bread is a dream if you long for “real” bread. It has a wonderfully crispy crust and a perfect inside. It also toasts well! 5 minutes preparation 1 hour 0 minutes cooking time!!
- 1¼ cups (300 ml) almond flour
- 5 tablespoons ground psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1¼ cups (300 ml) boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add this, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. The consistency of the dough should resemble Play-Doh.
- Form with moist hands into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. You can also make hot dog or hamburger buns.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 40–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice. Store the bread in the fridge or freezer.
Sprinkle seeds on the bread before baking – poppy seeds, sesame seeds or why not some salt flakes and herbs?
If you make this recipe into 6 pieces of bread they contain about 2 grams of carbs per bread.