Delicious cheese bread twists to serve as a snack or with dinner. Goes great with an apéritif!
10 minutes : preparation
20 minutes : cooking time
- ½ cup (120 ml) almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups (360 ml) shredded cheese
- 2½ oz. (75 g) butter
- 1 egg
- 2 oz. (60 g) pesto
- 1 egg for brushing the top of the bread twists
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and the cheese together in a pot on low heat. Stir with a wooden fork until the batter is smooth. Crack the egg and stir in.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together into a firm dough.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin and make a rectangle, about ⅕ inch thick.
- Remove the upper piece of parchment paper. Spread pesto on top and cut into 1-inch strips. Twist them and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with the whisked egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until they have turned a nice color.
If you don’t have any pesto at home, you can use any of your favorite spices. Paprika powder, chili, curry, cumin or herbs like thyme, oregano and basil.